Layers of pretty candy cane and pink-berry ice cream over an Oreo Cookie crust, topped with fluffy whipped cream and sprinkles make this a perfect holiday dessert. Serve in clear glasses so it looks extra festive.
-2 to 4 tubs of ice cream (candy cane, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla) left out of the freezer for 30 minutes to soften
- 1/4 cups of Oreo Cookie crumbs
-1/4 melted butter
-1 cup whipping cream
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 to 4 tbs sugar (depending on how sweet you like your whipped cream)
Makes a dozen or more depending on the size of your glasses.
1. To make the crust, mix the butter and Oreo Cookie crumbs together. Place two tablespoons into the bottom of each glass. Pat it down with a muddler or spoon.
2. Add a layer of candy cane ice cream to fill about a third of the glass. Freeze for an hour.
3. Add another layer of your second flavour of ice cream. Freeze for an hour to set.
4. Whip the cream with vanilla and sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Add some sprinkles.
6. Serve immediately or store covered with plastic wrap in the freezer. Take out 10 minutes before serving.